Churn, by Chloe Chun Seim
TRP is excited to announce that our final judge Vi Khi Nao has selected Churn by Chloe Chun Seim as the winner of The 2022 George Garrett Fiction Prize!
Chloe Chun Seim is a writer and artist living in Lawrence, KS. Her fiction has appeared or is forthcoming in LitMag, Potomac Review, McNeese Review, Split Lip Magazine, and North American Review, among others. She earned her MFA from the University of Missouri-Kansas City and was named the winner of the 2021 Anton Chekov Award for Flash Fiction. She also edits Snarl, a literary journal, and serves as Grant Writer for Literacy Kansas City.
Churn will be available Fall 2023.
Big Hands, by Marcus Clayton
The judge also recognized Big Hands, by Marcus Clayton as this year’s runner-up.
This year’s finalists (in alphabetical order) were:
- Allison Field Bell – Bodies of Other Women
- Caitlin Brady – Candidate Toole
- Diana Fenves – God Bless Texas (and America)
- Miles Harvey – The Registry of Forgotten Objects
- Sharon Hashimoto – Stealing Home
- Sienna Liu – Food Porn
- Wendy Oleson – What We Did for Molly Moore
- SK Rancy – Beyond the Bath of Stars
- Robert Shapard – Water Issues and Other Safety Concerns
One thought on “Announcing The 2022 George Garrett Fiction Prize Winner”