Recovery, by J. L. Conrad
J.L. Conrad is the author of the full-length poetry collection A Cartography of Birds (Louisiana State University Press) and the chapbook NOT IF BUT WHEN (Salt Hill, winner of the third annual Dead Lake Chapbook Competition). Her poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Pleiades, Jellyfish, Sugar House Review, Salamander, Moon City Review, Beloit Poetry Journal, and elsewhere. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin, and you can find her on the web at www.jlconrad.com.
Recovery will be available Spring 2023.
Still Desert, by Daniel Elias Galicia
The judge also recognized Still Desert by Daniel Elias Galicia as this year’s runner-up.
This year’s finalists were:
- Meriwether Clarke – Extended Voicemail to a Senator
- Karl Iglesias – The Vagrant Bounce
- Megan Kim – Invisible Cartographies
- Chibbi Orduña – We Became Who We Were Searching For, or The Boy & the Circus
- Em J Parsley – the anonym gospels
- Will Russo – Dreamsoak
- Austin Sanchez-Moran – Rhinocerotica
- Donna Vorreyer – Climacteric
Congratulations to our winner, runner-up, finalists, and all who participated in this year’s contest!