by J.E. Sumerau
Our final judge Selah Saterstrom has selected Transmission by J.E. Sumerau as the winner of this year’s George Garrett Fiction Prize. Transmission will be available spring 2023.
J.E. Sumerau is a novelist and scholar (pronouns They/She) focused on the intersections of sexualities, gender, religion, and health in the reproduction of inequalities that facilitate patterns of violence in society.
by Sarah Harris Wallman
by Sharon Hashimoto
- Lis Anna-Langston – Wild Asses of the Mojave Desert
- Patricia Bindert – The Linger Longer Over 55 Mobile Home and RV Storage
- Dinah Cox – The Paper Anniversary
- Stephanie Dupal – The Kindness of Terrible People
- Ryan Habermeyer – Jesus Wants Me for a Catastrophe
- Dustin Hoffman – Such a Good Man
- Emily McLaughlin – American Reservoir
- Lynn Schmeidler – The World Was a Girl
Congratulations to J.E. Samerau, our finalists, and all who participated!