Texas Review Press wants to publish you, West Virginia!
The TRP Southern Poetry Breakthrough Series highlights a first full-length collection by emerging authors from each state in the southern U.S. This series is open to any poet born in West Virginia, or currently residing in West Virginia, who has not yet published a full-length collection of poetry. The author may have published chapbooks or books in other genres. There is no fee to enter and no formal restrictions, we welcome poetry of any style or form!
The last day to submit is February 28th, 2022.
Heaven’s Burning Porch by James Dunlap, TRP Southern Poetry Breakthrough Series: Arkansas, is available for preorder now! Pub date: May 15, 2022.
Other books in the series include:
- Florida: Caridad Moro-Gronlier, Tortillera
- Georgia: Erin Ganaway, The Waiting Girl
- Texas: Lindsay Illich, Rile & Heave
- Louisiana: Chris Hannan, Alluvial Cities
- Mississippi: Noel Polk, Walking Safari: Or, The Hippo Highway
- North Carolina: Sally Stewart Mohney, Low Country, High Water
- Tennessee: William Kelley Woolfitt, Beauty Strip
Your book could be next! If you, or anyone you know, is a poet born and/or living in West Virginia who has not yet published a full-length poetry collection, we encourage you to submit. Deadline: 2/28/2022.
Check out our Submittable for more info!